Vegan Jewish Mom’s Healing Veggie Broth for:
- Healing belly troubles like IBS, UC & Crohns
- After food poisoning
- Stock for your next soup!
45 minutes to make. Makes six 1 cup servings (freeze some for your next illness or soup!)
Ingredients: (this recipe has some strong ingredients but they are small enough amounts to be kid-friendly!)
- 6 Cups of filtered water (there will be 8-9 cups of liquid total)
- Container of veggie broth (or you can increase the water by 2-3 cups)
- Rapunzel Vegan bullion cube (This is my secret ingredient in most things!)
1 bunch fresh parsley (or cilantro if you wish), chopped
1 Garlic bulb (or more if you like!), chopped
- 1 thumb-sized piece Ginger grated with a zester
- 2 Tbsp or two fingers sized Turmeric grated on a zester
1 Cup Green Onions (Scallions), chopped
- 1 Red onion or white onion, chopped
- 1 Cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 Cup purple cabbage, finely chopped
- ½ Cup any mushrooms, dried or fresh
- 1 Cup tomatoes, chopped
- Pinch fresh grated black pepper or pinch ground white pepper (if you have to hide it from kids!)
- 1 Tbsp coconut or soy amino acids
- 1 Tbsp Coconut oil
- ¼ Cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Optional: 1 Tbsp of grated burdock root if you love the earthy flavor. Immune and digestive properties.
- In a large stock pot, sweat* the red or white onions, garlic and half of the parsley
- Add carrots and cabbage and cook for a few minutes on medium heat
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes and pepper, cook for 2 minutes.
- Grate in the ginger and turmeric.
- Add in water and bullion or ready-made broth and amino acids.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the green onions (scallions) and the other half of the parsley.
- Cook another 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, stir and serve.
*to sweat the onions means sauté them on low temp without browning.
Talk to me! If you're not sure about the best way I can serve you, tell me a bit about your challenge here. Please fill out the form below and I will reply as soon as possible.