Vegan Jewish Mom’s Healing Veggie Broth for:
- Healing belly troubles like IBS, UC & Crohns
- After food poisoning
- Stock for your next soup!
45min to make. Makes 6 -1cup servings(freeze some for your next illness or soup!)
Ingredients: (this recipe has some strong ingredients but they are small enough amounts to be kid-friendly!)
- 6 Cups of filtered water. (there will be 8-9 cups of liquid total)
- Container of veggie broth (or you can increase the water by 2-3 cups)
- Rapunzel Vegan bullion cube.(This is my secret ingredient in most things!)
1 bunch fresh parsley (or cilantro if you wish) chopped.
1 Garlic, bulb (or more if you like!)
- 1 thumb-sized piece Ginger grated with a zester.
- 2 tbsp or two fingers sized Turmeric grated on a zester.
1 cup Green Onions (Scallions) chopped
- 1 Red onion or white onion
- 1 cup celery chopped finely
- 1 cup purple cabbage chopped finely
- 1/2 cup any mushrooms dried or fresh
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- Pinch fresh grated black pepper or pinch ground white pepper (if you have to hide it from kids!)
- Tablespoon coconut or soy amino acids
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- I/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Optional: 1Tablespoon of grated burdock root if you love the earthy flavor. Immune and digestive properties.
- In a large stock pot, sweat* the red or white onions, garlic and half of the chopped parsley
- Add carrots and cabbage and cook a few minutes on medium
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes and pepper, cook for 2 minutes.
- Grate in the ginger and turmeric.
- Add in water and bullion or readymade broth and amino acids.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the green onions (scallions) and the other half of the parsley.
- Cook another 10 minutes.
- Add lemon Juice, stir and serve.
*to sweat the onions means sauté them on low temp without browning.
Talk to me! If you’re not sure about the best way I can serve you, tell me a bit about your challenge here. Please fill out the form below and I will reply as soon as possible.