For Family Professionals and Doulas
So you want to be the one to solve sleep deprivation for your clients?
Become a breastfeeding-supportive Infant and Toddler Sleep Educator and Consultant! Add to your services or start a career that is important, ethical, lucrative and fulfilling. Upon completion of Sleep Savvy, you will be not only competent but confident in this revolutionary work!
(Fall Cohort is underway, sign up at the bottom of the page
to find out when enrollment opens again!)
Space is very Limited due to my direct mentorship model.
Apply Below. Sleep Savvy Certification can be completed in as little as 3 months or as long as 1 year from starting.
Who is the Sleep Savvy Certification Program for?
- Postpartum Doulas
- Lactation Consultants and Counselors
- Postpartum or Perinatal Counselors and Psychotherapists
- Family Doctors, Naturopaths
- Parent-Baby class facilitators
- Newborn Nurses
- Peer Breastfeeding Educators
- Childbirth educators and birth doulas, if you wish to educate and prepare families.
This certification is not for sleepy parents: Parents, please see my sleep pages.
I have successfully supported over 700 families with the Sleep Savvy Method. Can I mentor you into a new chapter in your career? The Sleep Savvy Method is based on extensive sleep research and extensive experience and it is informed by my background in lactation education, postpartum support, and early childhood development. I currently boast of a 100% satisfaction rate with client families who are now getting their zzz’s. Will you help me bring this breastfeeding and attachment-friendly sleep education and method to even more families?-Moorea Malatt, The Sleep Savvy Method Creator; Sleep Educator-Consultant; CLEC
You will learn:
- The Science of Breastfeeding and Infant/Maternal Sleep and the art of making gentle improvements.
- To utilize information to educate families about the anthropology and biology of breastfeeding and sleep.
- To prioritize breastfeeding relationship while also helping families find a balance between breastfeeding, sleep, work and mental health.
- The Sleep Savvy Method for helping sleep-challenged families identify, set, and gently meet new sleep goals.
- The ability to see each family as unique therefore our approach to helping them will vary from client to client. We need a wealth of knowledge and skills for this reason and not a boxed “fix-all” method.
- To be part of the first sleep consulting method to include bed-sharing if parents want it.
- To understand, compare, and learn from other child sleep training methods, approaches, and practices and when they may be indicated.
- Infant, maternal, and family development and milestones; environments, special needs, and nutritional challenges as they relate to sleep.
- Special considerations for families of multiples and those with older children.
- Special considerations for serving bottle feeding, formula-feeding and exclusively-pumping families.
- How to talk to families about sleep in a supportive and non-judgmental way that helps you understand and mold your sleep help to their unique values.
- To be able to convey to your client families what you have learned about infant sleep and how this knowledge can help their family whether they are expecting, postpartum, or beyond.
- To help families navigate the often challenging partner-partner conflicts that arise when sleep is scarce and to look at a holistic family picture to balance the needs of every member.
- To see the big picture holistically and work with concurrent family challenges.
- Clear understanding of safer sleep and advantages and disadvantages of sleep products available.
- Scope of sleep consulting, variations of sleep consulting and knowing when families need different or extra help as well as how to assess if a family is not the right fit for your unique practice.
- Exactly how overnight consulting can help baby learn important sleep skills and how to know when an overnight consultant present might cause more harm than good.
- How to have a lucrative sleep consulting biz and how to make sure your clients keep referring you to friends.
You will be a part of the first sleep consulting method created specifically to serve the breastfeeding family. (We also cover absolutely everything you will need to know for serving bottle feeding and formula-feeding families.)
Wonderful Results for the Entire Family
“Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to learn about your Sleep Savvy approach to getting children to sleep without crying it out. It was eye-opening to see how many families responded that they needed my help. It is very rewarding to know that I can truly help a family. I love coaching these families, and enjoy being a supportive, encouraging person in their lives as they learn to set boundaries that result in wonderful results for the entire family!” – Jill Colley Postpartum Doula, Sleep Savvy Certified Consultant!Jill Colley, Certified Sleep Savvy Consultant and Educator
“Thanks so much for your time, Moorea. I enjoyed working with you and learned so much from this training.”Andrea Gerdes; certified Sleep Savvy Consultant and Educator
Module One: Self-study
Online module with slides and voice, and Studies and Articles Overview.
- Sleep associations positive and negative
- Common Sleep challenges and solutions
- Sleep environments, positions, transitions, and breastfeeding
- Co-sleeping, Bed-sharing, and Crib-Sleeping drawing on work of Dr. McKenna and Dr. Ball
- Infant nutrition as it relates to sleep
- Infant instincts and behaviors with sleep throughout the months
- Common sleep disruptors and things that wake baby
- Creating 24 hour sleep rhythms and introducing circadian rhythms
- Colic and Reflux
- Sudden Unexplained Infant Death Prevention
- Recognizing sleep disorders
- How to balance sleep and postpartum depression and anxiety
- The latest in sleep info
- The process of home vs phone coaching vs. baby care.
- How to get in touch with your intuition for sleep consulting.
- Business smarts for overnight baby care and sleep coaching and consulting.
Module 1B Presentation:
Postpartum Moods Challenges through 1 year as they relate to parent-infant sleep and when to widen the family support team.
Module 2: Family Sleep Case Studies
Zoom Meeting Online conference Workshops and Investigation: 10 hours
8 Case Studies to work through together. There will be 3-10 participants in each workshop. Practice coaching. You must Live-attend at least 2 meetings out of the 4 that will offered.
Module 3: Sleep as Part Of Your Practice
Webinar/Zoom format and Q & A 10 hrs
- How to decide when you are under scope of sleep consultant versus a postpartum doula or night nurse versus lactation support. What kind of sleep help comes from a counselor/ therapist? What a coach is and is not? How can other professionals work sleep into the practice?
- Understanding the most current marketing approaches/methods and easy ways to get started.
- Special biz marketing tips and tricks for the sleep part of your practice and beyond. Includes Facebook/Instagram marketing webinar!
- How to price your services.
- Great options for liability insurance and associations.
Module 4: Practicum with Families
- 24+hrs Working professionally with 3+ families during this program (pro bono or paid) Up to one year to complete this.
- With Mentorship on each case.
- Submitting Assessment, Goals and Sleep Plan via email (identifying information left off to respect family.)
- Personal coaching by your mentor, Moorea Malatt, and workshop time with your peers through the private Facebook group.
- Comprehensive Sleep and Breastfeeding Goals Questionnaire to share with your clients. It will help you determine how you can best serve their needs.
- Sleep Plan templates and other PDFs to serve your clients.
- Lifetime access to Module 1, Slides to show your clients, Videos, Facebook Group, PDFs
- The very latest sleep information regularly brought to you via Facebook group classroom.
- Email access to Moorea for one year for quick questions.
- Your website and contact info listed on www.SavvyParentingSupport.com as a Certified Sleep Savvy Consultant.
Support Mama in Finding Her Own Parenting Power
“Thank you for all your help! Your method made so much sense and you gave me so much support and helped me find my mama power! Our breastfeeding relationship is so much better because I am not so exhausted!”Silvia, Los Angeles CA
Improve Quality of Life
“She slept 8pm-7am. This sleep method has really improved the quality of our life but I could never have done this on my own!” – Jo Lawson Los Angeles CAJoanie, Los Angeles CA
Referrals up the Wazoo
“Sleep Savvy is saving us! She is finally sleeping 6 hours without waking. We had read every book to no avail and I was so terrified to do cry it out. I am so glad I finally called you to come over. We have some friends who need you too!”Aneela and Michael, San Francisco CA
“I’m starting to get more sleep work than I know what to do with! I have had major success with clients and people keep recommending me!”Gwen Kiehne; Certified Sleep Savvy Consultant and Educator
You Will be Prepared and Certified to:
- Provide sleep education to expecting and new parents in your own classes, workshops and newborn groups. (But you will not be trained to educate other professionals.)
- Support sleep-deprived parents effectively and ethically through unique plans you co-create with them.
- Add biological and developmental sleep expertise to your current work or create a new whole business adventure.
- Serve families in work you feel deeply appreciated for and well-paid for.
Your course is mostly self-paced 40hrs of instruction and practicum.
Receiving Your Certification:
Exit Practicum Report 4-7 pages and Completion Interview by phone Complete Your Certification after Modules 1-4 are completed.
Candidates have 1 year from their enrollment date to finish all requirements of the program, unless you let me know about a hardship.
Mon. Sept 16th 2pm Pacific/ 5pm Eastern Zoom conference call
Tues. Sept 24th 9am Pacific/ 12noon Eastern Zoom conference call
Wed. Oct 16th 5pm Pacific, 8pm Eastern Zoom conference call
Sat. Oct 26th 1pm Pacific, 4pm Eastern Zoom conference call
Not all case study video calls need to be attended live, just at least 2 out of 4.
Plus a non-mandatory Marketing training- date to be determined by attendees.
I make every effort to add one extra training to attend if folks have missed one due to clients or illness.
The rest of the year is your practicum with my personal mentorship and group discussion at your own pace. You can complete certification in as little as 2 months or take a full year, depending on your schedule and life circumstances.
Your tax-deductable investment is $850.00
(or two payments of $450)
Most of my students have return on investment within the first 5 months of the course or earlier.
You’ve applied and I’ve emailed your approval? Congrats!
Register with one of these buttons.
Still not sure if this course is right for you? Ask me anything here: