Ready to become a feeding and attachment-supportive Infant and Toddler Sleep Educator and Consultant?
Add to your services or start a career that is important, ethical, lucrative and fulfilling. Upon completion of Sleep Savvy, you will be not only competent but confident in this revolutionary work!
Sleep deprivation and postpartum mood disorders are bosom buddies. Join me to help families balance parental mental health and baby’s growth and development.
Enrolling now! Please Apply and Register for Summer Cohort by May 20th!
Who is the Sleep Savvy Certification Program for?
- Postpartum Doulas
- Lactation Consultants and Counselors
- Postpartum or Perinatal Counselors and Psychotherapists
- Family Doctors, Naturopaths
- Parent-Baby class facilitators
- Newborn Nurses, NCS
- Peer Breastfeeding Educators
- Childbirth educators and birth doulas, if you wish to educate and prepare families.
This certification is not for sleepy parents: Parents, please see my sleep pages. If you are a sleepy parent AND a family professional, you are welcome to apply and will be welcome to use your own child as one of your practicum cases!
Sleep Savvy Certification can be completed in as little as 3 months or as long as 1 year from start date.
I have successfully supported over 900 families with the Sleep Savvy Method. Can I mentor you into a new chapter in your career? The Sleep Savvy Method is based on extensive sleep research and extensive experience and it is informed by my background in lactation education, postpartum support, and early childhood development. I currently boast of a 100% satisfaction rate with client families who are now getting their zzz’s. Will you help me bring this breastfeeding and attachment-friendly sleep education and method to even more families?
You will learn:
- The Science of Breastfeeding / Chestfeeding and Infant/Maternal Sleep and the art of making gentle improvements.
- To utilize information to educate families about the anthropology and biology of feeding and sleep.
- To prioritize the feeding relationship while also helping families find a balance between breastfeeding, sleep, work and mental health.
- The Sleep Savvy Method for helping sleep-challenged families identify, set, and gently meet new sleep goals.
- The ability to see each family as unique therefore our approach to helping them will vary from client to client. We need a wealth of knowledge and skills for this reason and not a boxed “fix-all” method.
- To be part of the first sleep consulting method to include bedsharing if parents want it.
- To understand, compare, and learn from other child sleep training methods, approaches, and practices and when they may be indicated.
- Infant, maternal, and family development and milestones; environments, special needs, and nutritional challenges as they relate to sleep.
- Special considerations for families of multiples and those with older children.
- Special considerations for serving bottle feeding, formula-feeding and exclusively-pumping families.
- How to talk to families about sleep in a supportive and non-judgmental way that helps you understand and mold your sleep help to their unique values.
- To be able to convey to your client families what you have learned about infant sleep and how this knowledge can help their family whether they are expecting, postpartum, or beyond.
- To help families navigate the often challenging partner-partner conflicts that arise when sleep is scarce and to look at a holistic family picture to balance the needs of every member.
- To see the big picture holistically and work with concurrent family challenges.
- Clear understanding of safer sleep balancing AAP and Breastfeeding Medicine guidelines and a critical discussion of sleep products available.
- Scope of sleep consulting, variations of sleep consulting and knowing when families need different or extra help as well as how to assess if a family is not the right fit for your unique practice.
- Exactly how overnight consulting can help baby learn important sleep skills and how to know when an overnight consultant present might cause more harm than good.
- How to have a lucrative sleep consulting biz and how to make sure your clients keep referring you to friends.
You will be a part of the first sleep consulting method created specifically to serve the breastfeeding/chestfeeding family. (We also cover absolutely everything you will need to know for serving bottle feeding and formula-feeding families.)
Wonderful Results for the Entire Family
“Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to learn about your Sleep Savvy approach to getting children to sleep without crying it out. It was eye-opening to see how many families responded that they needed my help. It is very rewarding to know that I can truly help a family. I love coaching these families, and enjoy being a supportive, encouraging person in their lives as they learn to set boundaries that result in wonderful results for the entire family!” – Jill Colley Postpartum Doula, Sleep Savvy Certified Consultant!
“Thanks so much for your time, Moorea. I enjoyed working with you and learned so much from this training.”
Module 1. A and B: Self-study
Online module with slides and voice, and Studies and Articles Overview.
- Sleep associations positive and negative
- Common Sleep challenges and solutions
- Sleep environments, positions, transitions, and breastfeeding
- Co-sleeping, Bed-sharing, and Crib-Sleeping drawing on work of Dr. McKenna and Dr. Ball
- Infant nutrition as it relates to sleep
- Infant instincts and behaviors with sleep throughout the months
- Common sleep disruptors and things that wake baby
- Creating 24 hour sleep rhythms and introducing circadian rhythms
- Colic and Reflux
- Sudden Unexplained Infant Death Prevention
- Recognizing sleep disorders
- How to balance sleep and postpartum depression and anxiety
- The latest in sleep info
- The process of home vs phone coaching vs. baby care.
- How to get in touch with your intuition for sleep consulting.
- Business smarts for overnight baby care and sleep coaching and consulting.
Postpartum Moods Challenges through 1 year as they relate to parent-infant sleep and when to widen the family support team.
Module 2 A-D: Family Sleep Case Studies
Zoom Meeting Online conference Workshops and Investigation: 10 hours
8 Case Studies to work through together plus supporting you LIVE with any current clients. Practice coaching. You must Live-attend at least 2 meetings out of the 4 that will offered.
Module 3: Sleep as Part Of Your Practice
Webinar/Zoom format workshop call, Tutorial Videos and Q & A.
- How to decide when you are under scope of sleep consultant versus a postpartum doula or night nurse versus lactation support. What kind of sleep help comes from a counselor/ therapist? What a coach is and is not? How can other professionals work sleep into the practice?
- Understanding the most current marketing approaches/methods and easy ways to get started and build your biz.
- Special biz marketing tips and tricks for the sleep part of your practice and beyond. Includes social media marketing webinar!
- How to price your services.
- Liability insurance and associations.
Module 4: Practicum with Families
- 24+hrs Working professionally with 3+ families during this program (pro bono or paid) Up to one year to complete this.
- With Mentorship one-on-one from me on each case.
- Support and help editing your written plans, text access to me when you’re working with practicum clients.
- Personal coaching by your mentor, Moorea Malatt, and workshop time with your peers through the private Facebook group.
- Comprehensive Sleep and Feeding Goals Questionnaire to share with your clients. It will help you determine how you can best serve their needs.
- Sleep Plan templates, examples and other PDFs to serve your clients.
- Lifetime access to Module Videos, slides to show your clients, videos, PDFs, memes.
- The very latest sleep information regularly brought to you via Facebook group classroom.
- Forever access to Moorea for mentorship via private FB group and email.
- Your website and contact info listed on www.SavvyParentingSupport.com as a Certified Sleep Savvy Educator and Consultant.
- PDF Certificate and badges for your website upon completion.
- Access to The Art and Science of Lactation and Sleep Webinar (3 Continuing Ed hours)
- Zombie Prevention Skills for Overnight Professionals (science to help you arrange your own sleep.)
- Lullaby playlists and recordings to share with your clients.
Support Mama in Finding Her Own Parenting Power
“Thank you for all your help! Your method made so much sense and you gave me so much support and helped me find my mama power! Our breastfeeding relationship is so much better because I am not so exhausted!”
Improve Quality of Life
“She slept 8pm-7am. This sleep method has really improved the quality of our life but I could never have done this on my own!” – Jo Lawson Los Angeles CA
Referrals up the Wazoo
“Sleep Savvy is saving us! She is finally sleeping 6 hours without waking. We had read every book to no avail and I was so terrified to do cry it out. I am so glad I finally called you to come over. We have some friends who need you too!”
“I’m starting to get more sleep work than I know what to do with! I have had major success with clients and people keep recommending me!” – Gwen Kiehne; Certified Sleep Savvy Consultant and Educator, birth and postpartum doula and lactation educator.
You Will be Prepared and Certified to:
- Provide sleep education to expecting and new parents in your own classes, workshops and newborn groups. (But you will not be trained to educate other professionals.)
- Support sleep-deprived parents effectively and ethically through unique tailored plans you co-create with them according to their goals, needs and values.
- Add biological and developmental sleep expertise to your current work or create a new whole business adventure.
- Serve families in work you feel deeply appreciated for and where you are well-paid.
Your course is mostly self-paced 40hrs of instruction and practicum.
Receiving Your Certification:
Exit Practicum Report 4-7 pages and Completion Interview by phone Complete Your Certification after Modules 1-4 are completed.
Candidates have 1 year from their enrollment date to finish all requirements of the program, unless you let me know about a hardship.
Orientation – Recorded and emailed to you when you register.
Thurs, May 20th. 4pm Pacific/ 7pm Eastern Case Studies 2A
Wed May 26th. 12noon Pacific/ 3pm Eastern Case Studies 2B
Monday May 31st 9am Pacific/ 12noon Eastern Case Studies 2C
Tues June 8th 2pm Pacific/ 5pm Eastern Case Studies 2D
Marketing and Packaging training times determined by registrant poll.
Remember, not all case study video calls need to be attended live, just at least 2 out of 4. So they won’t all be your ideal schedule.
The rest of the year after the LIVE zoom calls is your practicum with my personal mentorship at your own pace, as well as ongoing group discussion. You can complete certification in as little as 3 months or take a full year, depending on your schedule and life circumstances.
Your tax-deductable investment is $1155
(or two payments of $625)
Most of my students have return on investment within the first 5 months or earlier.
No annual fees for registration or certification or access to your mentor.
You’ve applied and I’ve emailed your approval? Congrats!
Register with one of these buttons.
Now offering a THREE payment option!
Still not sure if this course is right for you? Ask me anything here: