Ready to become a feeding and attachment-supportive Infant and Toddler Sleep Educator and Consultant?
Add to your services or start a career that is important, ethical, lucrative and fulfilling. Upon completion of Sleep Savvy, you will be not only competent but confident in this revolutionary work!
Sleep deprivation and postpartum mood disorders are bosom buddies. Join me to help families balance parental mental health and baby’s growth and development.
Autumn is Full. Please Apply Below for Winter Cohort which begins Jan 11th.
Who is the Sleep Savvy Certification Program for?
- Postpartum Doulas
- Lactation Consultants and Counselors
- Postpartum or Perinatal Counselors and Psychotherapists
- Family Doctors, Naturopaths
- Parent-Baby class facilitators
- Newborn Nurses, NCS
- Peer Breastfeeding Educators
- Childbirth educators and birth doulas, if you wish to educate and prepare families.
This certification is not for sleepy parents: Parents, please see my sleep pages. If you are a sleepy parent AND a family professional, you are welcome to apply and will be welcome to use your own child as one of your practicum cases!
Sleep Savvy Certification can be completed in as little as 3 months or as long as 1 year from start date.
I have successfully supported over 2,000 families with the Sleep Savvy Method. Can I mentor you into a new chapter in your career? The Sleep Savvy Method is based on extensive sleep research and extensive experience and it is informed by my background in lactation counseling and education, postpartum mental health counseling, and early childhood development. I currently (and usually quietly) boast of a 100% satisfaction rate with client families who are now getting their zzz’s without compromising their values or jeopardizing attachment, healthy growth or lactation. Will you help me bring this breastfeeding and attachment-friendly sleep education and method to even more families?
Wonderful Results for the Entire Family
“Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to learn about your Sleep Savvy approach to getting children to sleep without crying it out. It was eye-opening to see how many families responded that they needed my help. It is very rewarding to know that I can truly help a family. I love coaching these families, and enjoy being a supportive, encouraging person in their lives as they learn to set boundaries that result in wonderful results for the entire family!”
Module 1 A & B: Self-study
Online module with slides and voice- what you’ll learn:
- Comprehensive infant biology, cultural anthropology of human sleep, history of infant sleep
- Behavioral psychology of infant, toddler and preschooler sleeping through the months
- Sleep associations and sleep signals positive and negative and their solutions
- Commons sleep challenges around wake, nap and bedtimes and their solutions
- Sleep environments, positions, transitions as they relate to both lactation and formula feeding
- Co-sleeping, Bed-sharing, and Crib-Sleeping considerations drawing on work of Dr. McKenna and Dr. Ball
- Communicate to families the tenets of safer sleep- balancing divergent AAP and Breastfeeding Medicine guidelines and a critical discussion of sleep products available.
- Infant nutrition as it relates to sleep
- Infant instincts and behaviors with sleep throughout the months and growth periods
- Common sleep disruptors and prevention
- Creating beautiful daily and nightly sleep rhythms by introducing circadian rhythm protocol
- Special considerations for families of multiples and those with older children/ siblings.
- Special considerations for serving bottle feeding, formula-feeding and exclusively-pumping families.
- Help parents make decisions about when to night wean gradually, help create a night weaning or full weaning plan and provide guidance on maintaining breast/chest health during the process.
- How to work with two parents with divergent views on the sleep learning process
- Colic and Reflux as they relate to sleep, lactation and formula feeding
- Sudden Unexplained Infant Death prevention in various sleep environments
- Recognizing sleep disorders in infants and children
- The differences in process of home vs phone coaching vs. in-home sleep care
- Scope of sleep consulting, how to protect your business, and knowing when families need different or extra help referrals as well as how to assess if a family is not the right fit for your unique practice.
- When phone consulting versus in-person or overnight consulting is appropriate and how to know the instances when an overnight consultant present might cause more harm than good. We set families up to thrive without us and facilitate parenting confidence.
- How to get in touch with your intuition for sleep consulting unique individuals versus one-side-fits-all.
- Business smarts for overnight infant care and sleep coaching and consulting.
- Updated sleep research as it arrives
- Mental health challenges through 2 years as they relate to parent-infant sleep and when to widen the family support team.
- How to support families in crisis as the sleep support member of a care team
- How to balance sleep needs with lactation to prevent and alleviate postpartum mood challenge symptoms
Module 2 A-D: Family Sleep Case Studies
Zoom Meeting Online conference practice workshops and investigations in cohort: 10 hours
8 Case Studies to work through together plus supporting you LIVE with any current clients. Practice coaching. You must Live-attend at least 2 meetings out of the 4 that will offered.
Module 3: Sleep as Your Practice
Webinar/Zoom format workshop call, Tutorial Videos and Q & A.
- How to decide when you are under scope of sleep consultant versus a postpartum doula or night nurse versus lactation support. What kind of sleep help comes from a counselor/ therapist? What a coach is and is not? How can other professionals work sleep into the practice?
- Understanding the most current marketing approaches/methods and easy ways to get started and build your biz.
- Special updated biz marketing tips and tricks for the sleep part of your practice and beyond.
- How to price your services
- How to draw in ideal clients and weed out those who are not aligned or ready
- How to develop confidence in your work and how to set sustainable boundaries
- Liability insurance and associations.
- How to create a lucrative sleep consulting biz and how to make sure your clients keep referring you to friends.
Module 4: Practicum with Families
- 24+hrs Working professionally with 3+ families during this program (You will charge a package fee.) Up to one year to complete this.
- With Mentorship one-on-one from me on each case.
- Support and help editing your written plans, text access to me when you’re working with practicum clients.
- Personal coaching by your mentor, Moorea Malatt, and workshop time with your peers through the private Facebook group.
- Comprehensive, customizable intake documents to share with your clients. It will help you determine how you can best serve their needs.
- Sleep Plan templates, examples and other PDFs to serve your clients.
- Lifetime access to Module Videos, slides to show your clients, videos, PDFs, memes.
- The very latest sleep information regularly brought to you via Facebook group classroom.
- Forever access to Moorea for mentorship via private FB group and email.
- Your listing as a Certified Sleep Savvy Educator and Consultant. I often refer clients out to my students.
- PDF Certificate and badges for your website upon completion.
- Access to The Art and Science of Lactation and Sleep Webinar (3 Continuing Ed hours)
- Zombie Prevention Skills for Overnight Professionals (science to help you arrange your own sleep.)
- Lullaby playlists and recordings to share with your clients.
Support Mama in Finding Her Own Parenting Power
“Thank you for all your help! Your method made so much sense and you gave me so much support and helped me find my mama power! Our breastfeeding relationship is so much better because I am not so exhausted!”
Improve Quality of Life
“She slept 8pm-7am. This sleep method has really improved the quality of our life but I could never have done this on my own!”
Referrals up the Wazoo
“Sleep Savvy is saving us! She is finally sleeping 6 hours without waking. We had read every book to no avail and I was so terrified to do cry it out. I am so glad I finally called you to come over. We have some friends who need you too!”
“Thanks so much for your time, Moorea. I enjoyed working with you and learned so much from this training.”
“I’m starting to get more sleep work than I know what to do with! I have had major success with clients and people keep recommending me!”
You Will be Prepared and Certified to:
- Provide sleep education to expecting and new parents in your own classes, workshops and newborn groups. (You will not be trained to educate other professionals.)
- Support sleep-deprived parents effectively and ethically through unique tailored plans you co-create with them according to their goals, needs and values.
- Add biological and developmental sleep expertise and education to your current work or create a new whole business adventure.
- Serve families in heart-warming work you feel deeply appreciated for and where you are well-paid.
Your course is mostly self-paced 40hrs of instruction and practicum.
Receiving Your Certification:
Exit Practicum Report 4-7 pages and Completion Interview by phone. Complete Your Certification after Modules 1-4 are completed.
Candidates have 1 year from their enrollment date to finish all requirements of the program, unless you let me know about a hardship. This course could be completed in as little as 3 months. This is at your pace.
Orientation – Recorded and emailed to you on Sept. 18th.
Mon Sept 20th. 12 noon Pacific/ 3pm Eastern. Case Studies 2A
Sun Sept 26th. 4pm Pacific/ 7pm Eastern. Case Studies 2B
Thurs Sept 30th 9am Pacific/ 12noon Eastern Case Studies 2C
Tues Oct 12th 2pm Pacific/ 5pm Eastern Case Studies 2D
Marketing and Packaging training times determined by registrant poll.
Remember, not all case study video calls need to be attended live, just at least 2 out of 4.
The rest of the year after the LIVE zoom calls is your practicum with my personal mentorship at your own pace, as well as ongoing group discussion. You can complete certification in as little as 3 months or take a full year, depending on your schedule and life circumstances. You also have my mentorship available before the course begins, if you have current clients that need sleep support.
Your tax-deductable investment is $1155
(or two payments of $625)
Most of my students have return on investment within the first 5 months or earlier.
No annual fees, re-certification fees and no fee for ongoing access to your mentor.
You’ve applied and I’ve emailed your approval? Congrats!
Register with one of these buttons.
Now offering a THREE payment option!
Still not sure if this course is right for you? Ask me anything here: