Going live on January 23, 2020 at 10am Pacific/ 1pm Eastern for 3 hours.
This Webinar has Sold Out! Please check out my March presentation.
$75 tax-deductible investment.
You’ll feel more confident answering client sleep questions and setting families up to sleep soundly. The online version of my DONA-approved touring in-person workshop.
This webinar is for:
- Birth and Postpartum Doulas
- Lactation Consultants and Counselors, peer breastfeeding educators
- Postpartum or Perinatal Counselors and Psychotherapists
- Family Doctors, Naturopaths, newborn nurses
- Parent-Baby class facilitators
You will learn:
- The Science of Breastfeeding and Infant/Maternal Sleep including how to best utilize natural circadian rhythms and the sleep and wake hormones.
- How to educate families on the anthropology and biology of breastfeeding and sleep.
- Special considerations for serving bottle feeding, formula-feeding and exclusively-pumping families.
- Discussion of the works and studies of Dr. Helen Ball and Dr. James McKenna
- How to best support families that wish to bed-share while protecting yourself legally.
- To prioritize breastfeeding relationship while also helping families find a balance between breastfeeding, sleep, work and mental health.
- To better understand and, compare sleep training methods parents are using and the latest thought on safety and health of sleep interventions.
- Infant, maternal, and family development and milestones; environments, special needs, and nutritional challenges as they relate to sleep.
- How to talk to families about sleep in a supportive and non-judgmental way that helps you understand and mold your sleep help to their unique values.
- Clear understanding of safer sleep; advantages and disadvantages of sleep products available.
- Exactly how an overnight consultant/doula can help baby learn important sleep skills gently.
- When you are staying in scope of a doula, lactation professional or therapist presenting evidence-based info and when this crosses over into sleep consulting.
- Best sleep practices for parents and caregivers from the Sleep Savvy Method.
Note: This course will not teach you how to “sleep train” a newborn under 4 months so that they will sleep through the night. The AAP does not recommend sleep training before 3 months and does not recommend it specifically until after 6 months.
Moorea Malatt of SavvyParentingSupport.com teaches this workshop. She is a Lactation Counselor-Educator, Certified Postpartum Doula, Parent Coach and Mom with a background in child development and psychology, anthropology and biology. She works primarily as a sleep and parenting educator and consultant for families in the Sleep Savvy Method. More About Moorea
(If you are already enrolled in the Sleep Savvy Certification and Mentorship Course, you can view this live webinar for free.